QUICK FACTS
2021 BARMM BUDGET

In December 2020 the Bangsamoro Transition Authority, the interim regional government of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region, approved the Bangsamoro Government’s proposed PHP 75.60 billion budget for fiscal year 2021.

Of the PHP 75.60 billion budget, 90.10% (68.11 billion pesos) is allocated to fund the projects and operations of twenty-three (23) ministries and offices of the Bangsamoro Government while the remaining 9.90% (7.5 billion pesos) is classified under special purpose funds.

Among the 23 ministries and offices of the Bangsamoro government, the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education received the highest allocation amounting to PHP 23.53B. This is followed by the Ministry of Public Works (PHP 15.79B), Office of the Chief Minister (PHP 10.29B), Ministry of Health (PHP 5.12B), and the Bangsamoro Transition Authority (PHP 3.70B).

Of the PHP 68.11 billion pesos budget allocated to fund the projects and operations of the Bangsamoro Government, PHP 24.53 billion or 36% is allocated for Personnel Expenses (PS). Php 17.31 billion or 25.4% goes to Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) and Php 26.29 billion or 38.59% for Capital Outlay (CO). Under special purpose funds on the other hand, the majority of the budget is allocated to the Contingency Fund (72.65% or Php 5.44B). This is followed by the Miscellaneous Personnel Benefit Fund (23.73% or Php 1.78B) while the remaining 3% (PHP 271.67M) is allocated to the Pension and Gratuity Fund.