IN FOCUS: AGRICULTURE IN ARMM

According to the 2018 PSA data, the Agriculture, Hunting, Forestry and Fishing (AHFF) sector in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao grew from Php Php 28.7 billion in 2009 to Php 32.5 billion in 2018. Moreover, the AHFF growth rate in the region is the highest among all regions in 2018. 

In the same year, the AHFF sector comprised 56% or Php 32.55 billion of the total GRDP of ARMM. In terms of its subsectors, Agriculture and Forestry contributed 76% or Php 24.77 billion from the total contribution of AHFF while the remaining 24% or Php 7.78 billion was contributed by the Fishing subsector.

Data from 2019 suggest that the region has produced 674,760.55 metric tons of palay, 1,114,973.03 metric tons of corn, 35,351 metric tons of livestock (carabao, cattle, hog, goat), 10,269.77 metric tons of poultry and poultry products and 95,764.77 metric tons of fish. 

 


 

Sources:

Philippine Statistics Authority. (n.d.). 2009-2018 Gross Regional Domestic Product. Retrieved from https://psa.gov.ph/grdp/data-series

Philippine Statistics Authority (n.d.) Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries. Retrieved from: http://openstat.psa.gov.ph/Database/Agriculture-Forestry-Fisheries